…when I talked to Benzinga, on their PreMarket Prep morning radio program in December, 2014.
What I got wrong:
- Stocks would have a good 2016.
- Utilities were overvalued and health care was undervalued.
- The Fed would increase interest rates mid-year 2015 and be at 1.50% for the Fed Funds rate by year-end 2016.
By mid-year 2015, we had changed our minds on most of these things.
What I got right:
- Oil prices would stay low for long and we would not see $100+ oil prices for awhile.
- US dollar would continue to be strong and thus dollar-impacted areas such as basic materials should be avoided.
- The Fed would raise rates slower than the market expected. Even though I was too aggressive on the interest rate rise path, economists and the Fed itself was more aggressive than I was.
Let’s see what happens when I’m on Benzinga‘s PreMarket Prep morning radio show next week! Listen on July 8, 8:15a.m. Central. Come back here and comment on the discussion.
Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter
Follow/Circle on Google+
Follow on BrightScope